Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Becky and Vaca

Hello All,
As I write this I am sitting on a ferry for a 3.5 hour trip (yes a 3 hour tour). We are headed back from the Ssese Islands in Lake Victoria to the mainland of Uganda. We have just finished two nights at a wonderful beach resort on the islands spent relaxing and watching the birds and MONKEYS!!!!!!!! I picked Becky up from the airport on Monday morning and we all headed here together. It has been amazing and I hope to have pictures up as soon as possible.
So what’s next? As it stands right now (given that things work out as planned) we will be traveling back from the dock in Entebbe to the city (Kampala). At that point we are going to spend the night at a local backpackers place/hostel and then head out early in the morning for Queen Elizabeth Park. Along the way we will be visiting caves, waterfalls, and taking tours along the many canals to see elephants, hippos, crocs, giraffes, and any and everything else. We have some really busy days ahead of us and I am so excited to get it started. As soon as we reach Kampala I am going to take Becky to 1000 Cups, my favorite coffee shop, and then to buy some gifts for people back home. It is going to be her first experience bargaining so I am sure that it will be interesting.
That is all for now, I will write the next time we are stuck waiting for an extended amount of time.
Cheers!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad Becky got there safe and you guys are having fun! Love you!

    MOM

    ReplyDelete