Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hello again

So trying to keep up this blog is a whole lot more work than I thought it would be. For starters I have a lot more responsibility and a lot more things to coordinate this summer so more of my time is occupied, plus the amount of travel we are doing here really takes a lot of time and leaves little time for many other things.

Anyway, things here are going well. We are very much in a rural setting most of the time. The clinic we are working with is about 30 minutes by car from where we are on what we would call a 4-wheeler trail. Luckily we have been loaned a Land Rover free of charge so I am driving us to and from. Gogonyo, another of our target villages, is about 45 minutes away. We have had our first day out in the villages. There are no roads, we have our translator take us to houses as we along the walk paths through the African bush. It is beautiful though and the people are amazing. My students seem to be taking to it well too. I think they are really starting to like it.

Overall, this week should wrap up the business type stuff that I have to get done with and then on with research all day everyday. I am looking forward to it. There are some political things afoot here, but those don't belong in this blog so we will have to talk about those later. Needless to say, there are a lot of things going on here that complicate the possibility for adequate and accessible health care.

I am updating pictures as often as possible but that still isn't very often. The students are taking a lot of pictures so I will have them share those as well.

Hope everyone is doing well. Cheers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment