Sunday, July 26, 2009
Another week bites the dust
Damn I have taken a long time to write. Anyway, this week flew by and I am both sad and excited in the fact that this next way will be the same way. Things are so hectic right now that I would rather be in exams than be this busy. But, at least I am this busy in Africa which makes it all a little better. This week we visited more schools, went to visit the ministry of health, conducted a crap load of interviews, and witnessed the election of the city wide president of the education program's club. It was an amazing experience. I got to talk to a lot of teachers, mentors, principals, and students. The students love us here and they all want to come and talk to you. They also want to touch you to see if you are like them. Many times I would be talking to someone and one of the kids would come up to hold my hand. I then really started something when i showed the kids that they could see the pictures I was taking of them. After that they all wanted me to take a picture so that they could look at it on the screen. It was a lot of fun. Saturday was spent at home trying to catch up followed by some of our friends taking us out for drinks and dancing. The rest of today has been spent writing and reading. One of these days maybe I will catch up but I don't see it in my near future. Sorry about the shallowness of my updates, I am just focusing on trying to stay caught up on work more so than writing. Hope you are still enjoying keeping up with me though. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment