Ok, just wanted to give some real thoughts that were on my mind.
Today I was so tired of being in this place and just wanted to get the hell home. Everything was annoying me, I showed up for a meeting that was canceled because no one bothered to call us, and it was HOT.
This all turned around when an informant we have met took us around. He took us to the "slums" and we interviewed an elderly lady taking care of 14 orphans left behind from her kids that died of HIV/AIDS. Then he took us to dive deep into the sex working business here. We talked to an agent ("pimp"), worker ("prostitute"), and customer ("client"). I have to say that I absolutely felt like an anthropologist today and had the first interview that almost made me cry. I know, I admit it. It was a touching and unbelieveable experience that I can not yet put into words.
Regardless, it was an amazing day and I will post about it in detail soon.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear you excited about it again! I am glad.
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!
MOM