So, I wanted to go ahead and update everyone. I am a little disheartened by the events of today. We had no anthropologists on our approval committee and had only people that knew but did not practice much qualitative research. Most of the reviewers we had experience in clinical trials, not our type of research. Thus, they did not understand anthropological methodology, theory, or processes. Therefore, our model, theory, lit review, and methodology were all questions. We also had problems with them wanting a written consent from everyone we interview regardless of illiteracy, children, or day-to-day interviews. Needless to say we have a lot of work to do and lengthening of our proposal to try and get this group to comprehend what we are saying. They have approved us but the corrections they are wanting would greatly affect our research and our ability to not affect the reporte or group dynamics of the various aspects of our research (these being two concepts that are not discussed as being important even in this culture).
I wanted to update everyone, but it will be a few days before I post my complete listing of reflection on the day. I am gonna go back to enjoying my beer and will write more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment