June 11, 2009
So, I stayed up working late last night. To my dismay, I fell asleep with my computer in my lap only to wake up about 4 hours later. The candles had burned so much that the wax had filled the plate, spilled over onto the coffee table, and spilled to the floor. The only reason I woke up, you guessed it, screaming kids. I said the hell with it and decided to go back to bed. To my surprise, I didn’t wake up once until noon. It feels good to actually get some rest.
I got up, mad my coffee, and started on the proposal again. Ginger wasn’t’ feeling good so she went back to bed which gave me some much needed time to myself. I worked for a while, went to the grocery store, and came back to get to work. I like venturing out on my own. I fell much more comfortable that way for some reason. NO feeling that I need to watch out for or take care of someone. I think it is good that I feel that way though. Makes me more confident about being out and about.
I pulled together the remaining parts of the proposal including drawing conceptual maps for our project. We had neglected to save the consent and interview information in a format that could be opened by my computer so until we have access to Word 07, that part will have to be left out. There are issues around this, but not anything that I feel should be included on here.
I sit here, waiting for the rest of our research team to show up for our meeting. Inevitably they will be late. Knowing that doesn’t make me fell any better about it though.
Today is a beautiful day and I have spent much of it writing and reading out on the patio, an I love it.
Andrew was stuck in traffic so was not able to get here when Dr. Bagenda arrived. The usual 30 minutes trek (by cab) from the clinic took him 2 hours and 15 minutes. A lot longer. Dr. Bagenda arrived about 6:15 when he told us between 5-6. He was very helpful however. In our 45 minute meeting we called and got added for the July 30th board meeting, he down converted some files for us so that we could open them on my computer, and we found out the last of the requirements for submission. We also found out that despite the two-week-prior deadline, they had already stopped accepting proposals and found out that it is $250 U.S. to submit. The first was not a problem because he got us added, but we were not aware of having to pay to get approval and that since we are submitting 2 proposals it is going to run us $500. That is not ok. We let Dr. Bagenda know and he is looking into having it waved for us. He also said that he was going to look into finding us an internet connection. I won’t hold my breath.
After Dr. Bagenda left, Ginger and I decided to have a beer. This was good cause we both relaxed and were able to talk through some stuff. Andrew had yet to show up, but he insisted on still coming by. We sat down with him and discussed some research stuff. We gave him insight into some of the observations we had made so far and discussed them at length. We also discussed what he wanted his involvement in the project to be and decided that we needed him to write out his C.V. That was the last missing piece of the proposal. It is done.
We spent the rest of the night chowing down on rice and beans, watched a movie and headed to bed. Lets hope for another good night’s sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment