June 5th
Ok, the major pre-occupation of my thoughts is getting in touch with my wife. I got some good sleep last night but am very antsy. I really like being independent and on my own schedule and that is not the case here because we rely on so many people. Grace comes on Mondays and Fridays so she was here this morning. I really just wanted to read the paper and have my coffee but she doesn’t understand the concept of no breakfast and insisted on fixing us something to eat. We had toast with peanut butter, fresh pineapple, bananas, coffee (instant), and black current juice. It was good but I wasn’t really hungry to start with. I really haven’t been hungry much here and am not sure what that’s about. We headed out to take the mile walk to the internet café. Of course it was closed and when we asked when he would be open he said he wasn’t sure, but later. We decided to go next door to the restaurant, order coffee, and get some writing done. That is where I am writing from now, not knowing how long I will have to wait to get to the internet and hopefully talk to Becky. Oh well.
I gave up on waiting on the internet café to open and decided to go home. I attempted to call Becky, and found out later that our phone will only allow us to leave messages and doesn’t allow the other person to pick up. It is pretty frustrating.
We came home and I immediately took my anti-malarial medication. With my stomach full of coffee, it was not a good idea. I immediately felt sick. Grace made me a snack, but it didn’t help. I decided to try and sleep it off and let Grace and Ginger go into the city by themselves. I awoke to the pleasant surprise of a phone call from Becky. She was a little weepy on the phone which made me feel really bad. I don’t like the thought that something I am doing is causing her pain. And, of course, hearing her crying is making it really hard on me. I think it will be until I talk to her again. After getting off the phone I came out of my room to find Grace cleaning the vegetables and fruits from the market and making our dinner. They picked up both kinds of bananas, mango, papaya, guava, avocado, carrots, cabbage, a spinach type green, and much more. For dinner we had a curried fish with carrots and zucchini, rice, spinach and cabbage, avocados and tomatoes, matoki (a banana meal to substitute potatoes) with a peanut sauce. All traditional foods and all very good. (Ginger said that there were chickens in the market and they had the same funny smell…..so chicken is out of the question for us). Today was pretty uneventful since I spent most of it asleep. I do feel much better though (especially after talking to Becky). Hopefully this will help me to be in a better mood tomorrow.
Pictures:
I have been able to take pictures but just haven’t been able to upload them. The one Cannon camera I have is not loaded on my computer and I can’t get it to where I can pull pictures off of it. The Kodak I have, I don’t have the connecting cable for. I am going to have to find a card reader (USB) so that I can get them, but don’t feel confident that I will find one. There is also the problem of uploading them. I think it is going to cost me a lot to have enough time to upload since the connections are so slow. We shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love you kiddo! I sure like reading about your adventures! We miss you!
ReplyDeleteMOM