June 18, 2009
Ok, so I stayed up till around 3 working last night. Guess I am getting back to my normal schedule. That led me to no get up till 10:30. I immediately got back to work going through files and writing up notes. I know Grace would be coming either Friday or Saturday so I made pasta salad out of leftovers so she wouldn’t get onto us for not eating enough. Truth being that all the food tastes the same and I am getting kind of tired of it.
At the same time Andrew came by and Ginger and I gave him a mini-lesson on social epidemiology, medical anthropology, interventions, and prevention methods and models since he asked for it. I think, with the two of us, we covered all our bases. He enjoyed the conversation, asked a lot of questions, and seemed to appreciate our efforts.
Despite lunch and grazing all day Ginger and I were both still really starving. We decided to head to another set of restaurants that were congregated in the same area and find something to eat. We ended up at The Crocodile Bar and Grille, a very nice restaurant with an amazing patio and great food. We had fresh brochette and I had a Nile Perch sandwich with fresh cucumber and avocado. It was amazing and really hit the spot. As did the two gin and tonics I had for about $3 a piece. Finally full and some good conversation later, we headed home.
You guessed it…more work. Between the review of paperwork and notes I am not having a lot of down time. Tomorrow is the “Coffee Safari” though, so I am pretty excited.
Research Conundrum
So…we got our proposal in, but then got an e-mail saying that even though we met the deadline they were pushing it until July for review. This is extremely problematic and has us really pissed. Even if reviewed in the second week of July, we will not have time for revisions, resubmissions, and approval. We have insiders working on it as we come up with Plans B-G.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment